Do the Littles have any of their own fairytales or lore? I mean, I know that humans are basically their bogeyman (one that they know for a fact exists and they live in fear of), but is there anything else for them? Any myths or legends?
(This one took a little while!)
They generally don’t, but that’s more a part of their origin/upbringing than anything else.
- Each borrower community is formed independent of the others, especially in different countries. Some may have their own beliefs, I will focus on the American and London borrowers that are a focus in the story.
- The first borrowers were from a very religious town in past-England, and though they held onto their beliefs for a long time, their survival depended on a witch who was one of the last surviving bloodlines of the ancient druids. Without her they wouldn’t have survived, so their beliefs were replaced by a belief and trust in nature.
- Many London borrowers are descended from that original borrower town, where they threw out their old beliefs.
- American borrowers are fewer and further between, so they focus on survival above all else. There is no time for prayer between the tasks they carry out to keep on living.
- The fact that they are no longer religious doesn’t mean they don’t believe in the supernatural. Most of them would take a supernatural being’s existence in stride, as they do all things.
They do have local legends and tales at times, depending on where they’re from. Sam and Dean would interview the borrowers much like humans (without Dean taking any part in it, since he would just scare them off).
There are many tales around one area with the borrowers who keep going missing from their homes after visits from a certain company…